Epson doesn’t provide x64 drivers for their older scanners. However, the smart folks over at PlanetAMD64 have used the Epson Perfection 2400 Vista x64 drivers with success.
- Go download the Vista x64 drivers from Epson’s website.
- Extract the files to a folder.
- Open the es27.inf file in a text editor
- Locate the following line:
[Models.NTamd64] %ES27.DeviceDesc% = USB.ES27XP.x64, USB\VID_04B8&PID_011B
Change it to the following:
[Models.NTamd64] %ES27.DeviceDesc% = USB.ES27XP.x64, USB\VID_04B8&PID_011B<span style="color: #993300;">, USB\VID_04B8&PID_010B, USB\VID_04B8&PID_010B\5&36C701F9&0&2</span>
- Install the driver…
- When prompted about the driver being unsigned, click on continue anyway.
That worked for me.